Saturday, March 13, 2010

Fig Eater

Tormented by words that you said,
or words I imagined
while lost in thoughts
of a cosmic connection.
You played the game well,
I must say
I was completely deluded
and somewhat persuaded
that it could
be more than simply your need for
dinner and a date
(with figs for dessert).

Did I dream that you
wanted me near you?

Did you smile when I drove
all those miles in the rain?

Perhaps it was just
a bad movie with
an ending no one
could love or digest
when all you really wanted
was to eat figs dipped
in the finest regret.

4 comments:

Gosha said...

It should not be published, it personally for you
I very much want that the calmness and pleasure would lodge in your soul, and heart was filled in the spring

Fashion-Holiday-Health said...

nice lyric thank you mystery:)

DWinters said...

Figs are a sensual fruit, don't you agree? I detect a bit of irony here. Perhaps the person in the poem thought of himself as a romantic, sensual person...but in reality, he was not. He was a poser. Am I close?

Walker said...

You can never regret dessert, only the plate it's served on