Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Lovely

I came across this poem while researching medieval epitaphs on the Internet one day. No author was listed, but I thought it was lovely and wanted to share it. Enjoy.

Do not stand at my grave and forever weep
I am not there; I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn’s rain.
When you awaken in the morning’s hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
I am the ocean's deepest blue
The world is filled with my love for you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the idea that once we pass, we become part of the world, literally. It's comforting to know that even if there isn't anything more after this life, our essense lives on in the plants, and trees, and air, continuing the circle of life. Thanks for this post.